The Icing on the Cake
I have had a pretty awesome week so far…
- I started my Scrivener class with Gwen Hernandez.
- I learned about WANACon when there was still time to register. (SO EXCITED!)
- I was able to take this Friday and Monday off of my day job which means two short work weeks!
- I got extremely positive feedback from my first test reader in my targeted age group! (This made me feel as giddy as an 8-year-old on the tea-cup ride!)
And now this!
I was nominated by sarahcradit for a Liebster award! Thank you to her for thinking my blog worthy of mentioning and recommending to readers!
Now as many of you fellow bloggers know… there are rules and instructions that follow the receipt of such an honor. For this particular award, they are as follows…
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
So with #1 and #4 done… Let us move on to the tough part.
~~Questions from SarahCradit~~
Everyone has realistic goals and dream goals. Name one of your dream goals.
Dream goals… to be a published author! Actually I am hoping that is more realistic than dream. Ok, how about having Pixar or Disney approach me about doing a movie based on my book? That would be awesome.
Name a book you’ve read that is generally considered by critics and the masses to be a good book by most, but that you did not enjoy.
50 Shades of Gray- I don’t know that it is considered good by the critics, but certainly the masses. I just didn’t think the characters were real. And the whole premise of a supposedly together woman signing away her will so easily just because a guy was hot? I don’t buy it. (In the book’s defense, I didn’t finish it. Perhaps it improved.)
Is there any genre of music that you can’t stand, under any circumstance?
Rap is often too violent and in-your-face for my taste. Also I like to think people can get their point across without a lot of gratuitous swearing. Having said that, I will admit I can swear like a sailor.
Where is the most interesting place in the world that you’ve been?
I am NOT a world traveller. The only place outside the US I have ever been is Canada. I have been to some great places in the US though – mostly in my childhood when we did those cross-country vacations, camping along the way. I have been to Devil’s Tower, Mount Rushmore, Old Faithful, Redwood Forest, Okefenokee Swamp, Chincoteague and Assateague Island, Mystic Seaport, Washington monument, Smithsonian museum, Door County, Wisconsin.
Name a current trend or meme (last few years) trend that you can’t stand.
Boys who can’t seem to wear their pants where they belong! People that are so connected to their cell phones that they cannot manage to have a face to face conversation or check out at the grocery store without carrying on a texting chat simultaneously. There also seems to be a growing attitude (in the US at least) of entitlement – as in the world owes me and I shouldn’t have to work or provide for myself. I am not sure where people are learning this, but they are in for a rude awakening, I think.
Do you play any MMO games? If so, which?
I had to actually look that up! So I guess the answer is no. I spend most days at work on the computer, so doing that when I have some down time doesn’t appeal to me. I did go through a stage where I was quite addicted to Crash Bandicoot and Angry Birds though.
Any interesting phobias?
I don’t know that it is very interesting but I hate to fly and I prefer spiders and other creepy crawlies to stay on the other side of the room.
Has there been a book, song, or movie that has changed your life? How?
This may sound strange, but I have to say Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I read it before all the HP hype really took off and I remember thinking that it was such a great story and told so well. It made me realize that I wanted to be able to write a story like that. I think that was when I started to finally take my writing seriously.
If you had the power to change one law in your country, what would it be and why?
It’s not a law specifically. I would rescind the whole Obamacare act coming down the road. I think that forcing the members of Congress and the Senate to take part in it would put the kabash on it pretty quickly. I think it is going to be a huge burden on the smaller employers that make up the majority of this country’s businesses. As a result, they will opt to pay the fines as they are cheaper than paying for health insurance. This is going to create a huge pool of underinsured people who will have to try to buy insurance on their own.
Do you share your blog with people you know in real life? Why or why not?
I do share with people in my real life. When I first started, I didn’t tell many people, but now I am pretty open about it. I don’t tend to write about hot political topics, or really personal stories so I don’t ever worry about what so-and-so will think. People have been very supportive.
Is Schrodinger’s cat dead or alive?
It all depends on whether you have opened the box or not.
~~11 random facts about me~~
- I just recently discovered that I like asparagus if it is fresh and roasted.
- I am uncomfortable in social settings and large groups.
- I would rather stay home on a weekend night and hang out with my husband than attend a party.
- I love opera music.
- I love thunder storms.
- I believe optimism can be learned.
- I hate Survivor and American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, but can get totally sucked in to shows like Honey Boo Boo and Celebrity Rehab and Animal Cops.
- I want to have a vegetable and herb garden but I never seem to get past my hatred of bugs to do it.
- I don’t read the newspaper or watch the news because it tends to depress me.
- I think I may be addicted to Facebook.
- I have a hard time trying to think of story ideas.
I nominate the following blogs, in no particular order, for the Liebster award. I have chosen those of you whose blogs I enjoy but do not have hordes of followers. I hope that this will, perhaps, introduce you to others who will get pleasure your writings and click to follow you. Do not feel you have to accept this – this is a ‘no pressure’ award only for those that want to participate.
- Writing Past Midnight
- Lauren Marie Robb
- Shawn L. Bird
- The Happy Logophile
- Anna Scott Graham
- Write What You Know
- Mandy Eve Barnett
- Knitting with Pencils
- Phoenix Rises Again
- Everyday Underwear
~~Questions for My Nominees~~
- Are you a blogger at heart or do you dream of writing novels, plays, poetry? What are your writing goals
- Where have you travelled? Where do you dream of travelling?
- What are your greatest pet peeves?
- Do you have pets? If so, names please! If not, do you wish you did?
- What super power do you wish you had?
- What are your favorite books?
- What are you reading now?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What were you afraid of when you were 10?
- What is your favorite way to spend a day off?
- Do you have a day job? What do you do to pay the bills?
Phew!! Holy Moley that one was work!